Emily Decks Out for the Sandman Show at Elmo's
Yesterday afternoon a bunch of us went down to St. Elmo's in Brewery Gulch to hear our friend Sandman perform his unique blend of Cowboy Rap and Poetry (you've got to hear it to understand - check out his website).
One of our own - Emily - was sporting quite the amazing outfit...which used to belong to Sammy Davis, Jr.! She says a friend of hers back in New Jersey passed it along to her after a photo shoot with said Sammy.
Now, I think that's just way cool!
You should've seen Emily's dress when I did the house show last week!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for promoting, Charlene.
HAhaha! Ohh, I'm so flattered! When you said you'd put me in your blog I didn't know you meant title and all! Wow!
ReplyDeleteBut hey, as long as this is all about me and Sandman, where's the one of us together??? Did it not come out?
Oh, and about the suit, well, um, that's not the story -- do we care? The Sammy part's true, anyway, and that's what matters, right?
Emily - do tell us the REAL story - I want to hear it!
ReplyDeleteOh, it's not much, and less glamorous! Lisa Eisner, a wonderful big shottish photographer bought up a collection of Sammy's clothes. (This is LA, not NJ.) She bought 'em for herself, cuz she's styley and smallish, but not as small as I am. This particular suit didn't fit her and she thought it might fit me. Which it does, obviously, as though it were made for me!
ReplyDeleteYa see, Sammy and I both wear size BLACK JEW.
Love it! Thanks for the clarification! If I see any other BLACK JEW sized famous clothes around, I'll be sure to pass them along to you...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the thought, but I'm afraid that's a no-no until Shawnee installs my closet!
ReplyDeleteAlright, it just got cooler -- look what I found!
ReplyDeleteClick on this (or copy and paste if this site doesn't link it):
http://men.style.com/gq/fashion/landing?id=content_2942
Read about my suit origins, and peep my 2 nieces in the picture!
Wow! Very cool! (But, I'm not sure which were your nieces). Thanks for this!
ReplyDeleteSarah Wick, in the middle of the top row, and Julia Wick, in the middle of the bottom.
ReplyDelete