After Dark in Bisbee
True story
Tonight I had to do a couple of errands downtown after the sun went down. Nothing strange, really. I went to the co-op for a few items, then dropped off some broken down cardboard boxes for recycling. On the way home, I went to check my mail at the post office.
Well, during the day, Bisbee is bustling with people in motion, saying "hello" to one another, a variety of colorful characters for sure. But, nothing that ever makes me nervous or in need of fleeing to the safety of my car with the doors locked, or evacuating the general vicinity.
Tonight, though, there were some very gangsta-like characters in front of the Post Office - their beat to shit car parked in one of the 20 minute zones with hip hop rap blaring so loud the windows shook. Maybe I'm missing something and this is more common after dark in our town. I just never saw it before.
The strangest thing is, they were just standing there. C'mon guys - take a lesson from our pals Jay & Silent Bob. If you're gonna make noise on Main Street - move your feet dumb-asses!
Good to know...they weren't bothering me at all. It was just a little reminder of "Oakland" in Bisbee and took me by surprise. I'll mention Louise next time I go there at night, though. It'll be interesting to see the response. Thanks!
ReplyDelete