Dot's Diner - So Swingin'!
Reporting back from Dot's Diner - Yes, the breakfast was awesome. The eggs were perfectly prepared (over medium, just like I ordered)...the two pancakes were just the right texture and not huge or draping over the plate...the bacon was incredible (specially delivered from The Pork Shop in Phoenix). Served up by "K", otherwise known as Kristine, it was just so fun. Plus, the place is so totally in the period of the 50's - right down to the streaming music and authentic commercials on the sound system.
If I wasn't so full, I would have sampled one of their housemade shakes or malts. I got to watch Kristine make one for some out of town guests, as it was. Served up in a vintage glass with whipped cream and a cherry on top. Cool!
Jennifer, with her wonderful graphic design skills, has created some vintage looking "Dot's Diner" coffee cups - nice touch for tourists & locals alike to purchase and take home.
I highly recommend a visit to Dot's in your very near future. By the way, it's on the same property as the vintage trailer park for guests - The Shady Dell! Check it out!
O.K., O.K., I'm going!
ReplyDeleteI think you'll be pleased....glad to know you're going...(we can go together, even). Just let me know when!
ReplyDelete