Damn good thing I read your blog, huh, or I wouldn't have known!
Shit, I was looking forward to not leaving the house til Tuesday, but I reckon I'll have to make an exception, as long as I don't get stuck in the Oscar crowd -- I ain't in the mood, especially since, somehow, I never made it to the movies ONCE in 2008! That's a god damn first! In NY I was going a few times a week.
Damn, I'm rambling, sorry, Sobriety'll do that to a girl. Wonder if I can stand being sober at Elmo's....
Good morning Bisbee! It looks like it's going to be yet another beautiful day here in Tiny Town (I didn't coin the term...I have our friend Juliette Beaumont, the bartender at Elmo's to thank). I've got the wonderful "hurry up & wait" task of needing to wait for a visit from the cable company to deal with the inconsistent internet connection I have. But, the next few hours are mine alone. Nice. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to picking up my lovely daughter, Mira, at the airport in Tucson this evening and having her here in Bisbee for a week! I moved here last June on the same day she left for her travels in India, Cambodia and Thailand this past summer. She's a world traveler, and it will be very cool to show her my new home. I'm hoping to introduce her to as many of my new Bisbee friends as possible. We'll be seeing you around...
Yesterday afternoon a bunch of us went down to St. Elmo's in Brewery Gulch to hear our friend Sandman perform his unique blend of Cowboy Rap and Poetry (you've got to hear it to understand - check out his website ). One of our own - Emily - was sporting quite the amazing outfit...which used to belong to Sammy Davis, Jr.! She says a friend of hers back in New Jersey passed it along to her after a photo shoot with said Sammy. Now, I think that's just way cool!
Damn good thing I read your blog, huh, or I wouldn't have known!
ReplyDeleteShit, I was looking forward to not leaving the house til Tuesday, but I reckon I'll have to make an exception, as long as I don't get stuck in the Oscar crowd -- I ain't in the mood, especially since, somehow, I never made it to the movies ONCE in 2008! That's a god damn first! In NY I was going a few times a week.
Damn, I'm rambling, sorry, Sobriety'll do that to a girl. Wonder if I can stand being sober at Elmo's....
Well, you won't be alone Auntie Em. I can't drink because of the damn antibiotics, but I'm sure we can eke out a few hours of fun in spite of it!
ReplyDelete