Venus DeMars, Jason Lytle, Plushies & More!
hat a weekend! Bisbee buzzed with activity and entertainment into the wee hours of morning. First, we were entertained by Jason Lytle and band in the Starlite Cabaret on Saturday night. They played to a full house, which was a great success.
Late Saturday night I attended the Moulin Rouge/Absinthe Tasting party in the Gulch. Thanks to Carrie & Christi, Dr. Suzanne Walsh, Juliette Beaumont and a cast of more than I can name, it was incredible. I've decided the Parisien Absinthe is my favorite. But, I did sample them both. Live dangerously...taste bravely!
Sunday afternoon, Venus DeMars returned to Bisbee from St. Paul, MN and performed an amazing solo concert for us at Elmo's. The theme was "Plushies", so, many in the crowd wore fuzzy, plushy animal costumes (why? because...). Lynette, Venus' wife, read a handful of her lovely poems, which was an added treat. Such talent!
Venus accompanies Lynette (dressed as Sir Cheesepuff) as she reads poetry at Elmo's
Shawnee is receiving a transmission from outer space.
Meanwhile, Rusty (of the Jason Lytle band) and I pose for the camera.
Venus DeMars
This could have been three postings, but, I'm rolling it all into one. Have I said this before? I LOVE Bisbee!
I want more Absinthe pix! You didn't have your camera that night, huh.
ReplyDelete